In 2020, we had to cancel the planned flyin to Falls Creek but I am thinking of running it for those interested this year, as follows:
- Plan A is to fly into Mt Beauty (YMBT) on Sunday 12 September and to leave Falls Creek on the morning of Thursday 16 September so it is four nights' accommodation. If the weather is not suitable for YMBT then plan on flying into Wangaratta and we'll collect you from there.
- There are currently seven twin rooms available for these dates at Diana Lodge in Falls Creek. Call Lisa on 03 5758 3214 * The charges are $790 per person for "International" rooms and $630 per person for "standard" rooms (for the four nights).
- For those wanting a room to themselves, the charge is $1,185 for International rooms and $945 for Standard rooms.
- International rooms have a view out toward the International ski run and standard rooms do not but they are otherwise the same and are of a good standard with private facilities.
- The charges include breakfast but they are not providing meals this year so we'll have to walk to nearby restaurants. The bar will still be operating and as required, there will be some food provided during its operation.
- Diana Lodge's terms require a 30% deposit within 14 days of booking and the balance is due 30 days prior to arrival. Any guests unable to visit due to exposure to COVID-19, quarantine requirements, or relevant government regulations may postpone their stay. With any other cancellation, we may require relevant proof of circumstances to negotiate any refund.
- Diana Lodge say that they understand that if snow conditions impact the number of lifts operating there may be limited lift tickets available. If we are affected by this prior to our stay, then I will contact them to discuss options.
- If you prefer to stay elsewhere in Falls Creek then that is fine. Just let me know where you have booked.
- My car has a road pass so I'll ferry people for the 45 min drive from Mt Beauty airport to Falls Creek.
- If you are coming, then please make your accommodation booking asap and let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org [link: mailto:email@example.com] when you expect to arrive. Please feel free to stay longer if you wish and we'll drive you up to Falls if we can.
18 Buckland St, Tawonga South, 3698
H 03 5754 4400
M 0417 084 400
Fly in to beautiful Merimbula on Friday, October 8. Enjoy a guided tour of a local oyster farm and a whale watching cruise from Eden. There will be plenty of time to relax with your AMPA friends, see the local sights and generally have a wonderful weekend.
Click the link below for details, including costs and recommendations for accommodation.
There has been some confusion over the pricing of the 2021 PSP and the attached revised application form summarises the final prices as follow:
Ground school $350
Flying sequences extra $450
Manual (if you don't already have the 2018 version) extra $120.
We will be making partial refunds to a few that have already paid more than this.
Covid restrictions forced cancellation of the 2020 PSP but AMPA is optiistic enough to plan for another PSP in November this year.
See the attached file for preliminary information and the link below to register.
Reserve the dates in your diary now.
You will be able to visit the Coonawarra wine region (where life is a cabernet), Princess Margaret Rose caves, Dingley Dell (former home of Adam Lindsay Gordon), Piccaninnie Ponds, the Nelson Aeroplane Company and lots more.